15.6.13

Running the Race

Hey Friends,

I led some of my soldiers in participating in today's Ft. Hood 5k. Only half the number showed that I expected, due to a bunch of typical Army bungling along the way.

That said, about 30 of us raced. I was first out of our unit, with a time of 20:12, and was about 10th place overall. I got an award for coming in third place for my age group (30-39)--my first every athletic trophy, I think! Several of our older soldiers also won awards. Several of our fastest soldiers, who I bested this time, were duely humbled and plan to kick tail next time.

Yet the race that supercedes all others is the race of faith we have embarked upon by God's grace, and it is that race that I will eagerly and gratefully continue to run, even when my old age catches up to me!

Please pray for my chapel service tomorrow at 0900 our time (1000 EST). There are a number of blogs in mental que, but no time at the present. Will write more later!

Your Servant in Christ,
Stephen