1.8.13

Ahoy, Convoy!

Well, I experienced my first convoy today in order to visit a good portion of our unit in a separate post on the other side of the city. (Intentionally being vague as this blog isn't secure.)

I will not say much about riding in a convoy, other than the fact that the risk is minimal and folks are constantly vigilant. A pretty surreal environment.

On the other end of that journey, I saw dozens of soldiers that I haven't seen in weeks. It was a happy reunion with lots of small talk about families, working conditions, and living conditions. Folks over there are doing very well. I will try to visit them on a semi-frequent basis, as did the last chaplain. In the meantime, I try to close the distance with my unit blog, sustainedbyforce.blogspot.com.

On more rare occasions, I will travel by other means to locations further away in the country to visit small groups of our soldiers in more isolated locations. Again, this is all quite safe and is normal fare for the chaplain in attending to soldiers.

Tomorrow is our first "No BS BS (Bible Study)." We will discuss "The Gospel According to Abel: More Than Murder." Should be a fun time!

As always, your prayers are coveted. The God who makes His Gospel to prosper in an arena such as this is the same God who makes it to prosper in your own neighborhood. May He be glorified!