5.9.13

Prayer For a Soldier

Greetings, Friends.

I got the following email from one of my soldiers this morning:


My wife informed me last night that she has two spots on her cervix.  They did a biopsy and she gets the results on Friday and what the plan will be to treat her.  The Doc. Said she is in the "severe" category and they need to decide if they will just remove the spots, or do a full hysterectomy.  It runs in her family (her mother and aunt have both had hysterectomies) so she is very nervous.  Especially with me not being home.  Hopefully the surgery can be postponed until I get home from this deployment (if it is of no risk extra risk to her) because she works full time and cares for both kids.  Please just keep her in your prayers. 


The need for prayer here is pretty clear. This especially strikes a chord with me because of the scare with my dear wife and precious boy this past year. A man is much more willing and able to put his own life on the line than face the possible loss of his wife or child. When we're unable to protect those we are called to give our lives for, the agony of helplessness is paralyzing. I am sure it's even worse when a soldier is deployed and unable to even give his wife a hug, stroke her hair, and give her the comfort of a present love.

Please join me in prayer for this family--that God would give the doctors wisdom in this matter, restore this woman to full health in His providence, strengthen her as she cares for the kids (two year old boy and baby girl), give her husband hope in his helplessness and encouraging words for her, and draw them closer together before the throne of grace, where in Christ, they have every Spiritual resource at their disposal.

How the shadow clings to the Light! But it shall never overcome it. (John 1) Praise be to God.