22.10.13

Ragnar Running

As an afterthought to the half marathon series several months back, I shot a random email to the nice folks with the Ragnar Relay to feel out their interest in supporting a shadow run (for their Las Vegas race).

My dialogue with them picked up steam over the past several weeks and I started putting out the word here about a potential 200 mile relay race. I was thinking that we might generate enough interest to conjure up a team, possibly two, for such an adventure.

As of this post, we are at 65 runners and counting. Two teams were formed entirely from single units. I will gather with several other race leaders here to put together four other composite teams--each led by a Canadian marathoner/ultra-marathoner, and each consisting of American and Canadian soldiers, contractors, officers and enlisted, male and female.

We will run a one mile loop here on our post, with two of us doing ultra-type distances, half a dozen or so doing marathon-type distances, and all the rest doing totals of 12-20 miles.

Ragnar will be sending us t-shirts, slap bracelet batons, bibs, and medals. They will also be tracking this on one of their sites and will have runners from Las Vegas send us notes of encouragement. We will send them photos, videos, and our immense gratitude.

I will keep you posted on what Ragnar does to advertise this event.

I think this will be a big morale boost for our soldiers here. Please pray that this would also enable me to reach more soldiers with the love and the hope of Jesus Christ.