21.12.13

Operation Proper Exit and Ragnar Wishes

There is a program called "Operation Proper Exit" that takes soldiers who were wounded and rushed out of the country and brings them back to leave on their own terms. We had a ceremony for a number of them today (up in front, under the flags). We had a fairly sizable crowd, including members of each branch of our military and a number of coalition soldiers from other countries. In the last picture, you can see our chapel to the left of the big white screen.





The social media director for Ragnar Relay recently asked me which race I would choose to run if I could run any one in the country. There were a lot of wonderful options, but I told her that my top choice would be DC, running with friends, family, and fellow soldiers. Exotic locations don't have near the appeal as simply being with family. If I run Ragnar this coming year, I will be glad to trade the mud for the mountains!