8.1.14

Funeral for CPT David Lyon Today

Sorry for the avalanche of posts today, but CPT Dave Lyon is getting buried today, and as I can't be there or tell the world about it (though I'm trying over Facebook), I will resort to posting.

First things first, the funeral is at 3pm EST and can be view on the website www.newlifechurch.com, by clicking on the "watch live" tab in the upper right hand corner.

This was the convoy from Peterson AFB.


All flags are at half mast in Colorado today, by order of the governor.


Dana wrote the following on Facebook just a little while ago:

Today I bury my best friend... The one I laughed with, the one I loved and who loved me unconditionally, the one who held my heart.

Lord Jesus, hold me, take this pain, comfort my heart, make yourself more real to me than ever before. No woman should ever have to feel this pain. I so long to be with you, Jesus, where I will my broken heart will be whole and I will dance on the streets of gold with my best friend once again. Jesus please help me get through this day; and til I see you face to face and grace amazing takes me home, I will trust and rest in you...

Dana also just posted this as her profile pic. Incredibly sad and poetic. Lord, comfort her as only You can!